Sunday, July 31, 2005

The Catfish Plantation in Waxahachie!!


They say this place is...you know...haunted. Not "Scooby-Doo" haunted, but genuinely haunted. Outside of a few strobe lights they bring out on Halloween, I've never seen any proof.

I must admit, I was pretty scared to attempt to have a meal here, until I saw those four magic words over the door. "All You Can Eat". My fears have been assuaded!

Here we see when the house caught on fire many years ago. I guess some people try to help put the fire out, others photograph it for tourists to look at years later. Which one are YOU???

Be sure to check out the store's gift shop where you can purchase "books" on ghosts who may or may not have taken up residence in Texas. I mean, why would they want to live here when they could live in say...Hawaii? Or Napa Valley? Or France? I guess since they can't feel weather, they want to be close to the "action"...what action that is is beyond me.

Be sure to check out the "Banana Boat" club on the way home. The good times are flowin' just like the second rate beer.