Monday, May 02, 2005

Fort Worth Water Gardens!



This place is simply amazing. Given as a gift to the city from the Amon Carter museum in 1974 (the year I was born!), the water gardens are located right at the entrance to downtown.



This is a giant pool located somewhat underneath the rest of the park. Using a series of stairpaths will take you down here. At night the lights come on and provides a haunting atmosphere.



The best time to come here is when the sun is about to set and the air is no longer scorched by the Texas sun. When the mist hits you and the wind blows all around you...you know what summer truly feels like.



One of my favorite memories was coming here when I was about 5 or 6. School was just a half-day that day. What was it about half days that were much more exciting then days off? ya got me. Anyways, I think I came here...a great place to take kids...they'll remember it for the rest of their lives.